How Does UOE Support the University?
The Office of University Outreach and Engagement supports faculty, staff, and students in their engagement activities. From fostering partnerships, to providing learning opportunities, to facilitating service-learning placements, these resources are designed to advance MSU’s culture of high performance by promoting community-engaged research and creative activity, teaching, and service.
UOE supports the University by:
- Helping MSU faculty and staff to develop partnerships with communities
- Linking faculty and community through community-based networks
- Assisting faculty in integrating service-learning into their coursework
- Providing service-learning opportunities for students
- Providing workshops and other learning opportunities
- Consulting with MSU colleges, departments, faculty, and staff about community-engaged scholarship
- Building capacity in program evaluation for MSU researchers and community organizations
- Consulting on policy issues
- Providing communication and IT support to faculty and their community partners for outreach and engagement projects
- Consulting on Broader Impacts activities