Since 2017, Michigan State University has hosted an annual Outreach and Engagement Awards Ceremony. Organized by the Office of University Outreach and Engagement, the ceremony honors and shines a light on exemplary high-quality community-engaged scholarship and university outreach activities through a number of recognitions programs. The awards are a statement that Michigan State University deeply values, encourages, and celebrates the accomplishments of its faculty, staff, students, and partners in community engagement.
2022 MSU Outreach and Engagement Awards Ceremony
February 24, 2022 | 4:30 – 6:00 p.m.
2022 Award Recipients
- Representative Recipients: Shanawar Lone, College of Law; Elizabeth Sachs, College of Law; Amir Tavakoli, College of Natural Science; Alexandra Wallman, College of Natural Science
- Recipients: Sharieka Botex, College of Arts and Letters; Wilfredo Flores, College of Arts and Letters; Kayleigh Ward, College of Social Science
- Commendations: Zoe Hansen, College of Natural Science; Debra Lynn Miller, College of Social Science; Ji Youn Shin, College of Communication Arts and Sciences
Recipient: Critical Connections: Broadband Access, Student Learning Outcomes, and Community Development
Johannes M. Bauer and Keith N. Hampton, College of Communication Arts and Sciences, with Merit Network, Inc.; Eastern Upper Peninsula Intermediate School District; Mecosta Osceola Intermediate School District; St. Clair County Regional Educational Service Agency; Washtenaw County, Michigan; Southwest Michigan Planning Commission
Recipient: Bias Busters Faith-based Cultural Competence Guides: An Interfaith Publishing Alliance
Joe Grimm, College of Communication Arts and Sciences, with InterFaith Leadership Council of Metropolitan Detroit
Recipient: Archivo de Respuestas Emergencias de Puerto Rico
Christina Boyles, College of Arts and Letters, with JunteGente; Operation Blessing; Comedores Sociales de Puerto Rico; El Puente - Latino Climate Action Network; Instituto Transdisciplinario de Investigación - Acción Social (ITIAS); Universidad de Puerto Rico - Río Piedras; Universidad de Puerto Rico – Mayagüez; Digital Library of the Caribbean
Recipient: Advocacy and Other Community Tactics to Challenge Barriers to HIV Care for Gay and Bisexual Men and Transgender Women (Project ACT)
Robin Lin Miller, College of Social Science, with MPact Global Action for Gay Men’s Health and Rights
- Recipient: Stephen L. Esquith, Residential College in the Arts and Humanities
- Recipient: Gordon Henry, Jr., College of Arts and Letters
2022 Awards Ceremony Video of the Event
Programs and other materials from past ceremonies are available at the links below.