In 2016, Michigan State University introduced the Distinguished Partnership Awards, a series of four new University-wide recognitions for highly engaged and scholarly community-based work that positively impacts both the community and scholarship.
The awards are given in the following categories:
- Distinguished Partnership Award for Community-Engaged Research
- Distinguished Partnership Award for Community-Engaged Creative Activity
- Distinguished Partnership Award for Community-Engaged Teaching
- Distinguished Partnership Award for Community-Engaged Service
- Distinguished Partnership Award for International Community-Engaged Scholarship
Each of these awards is jointly conferred on a faculty recipient and her/his community partner(s), and comes with a shared stipend of $1,500. The five award recipients are also finalists for the Community Engagement Scholarship Award.
The recipients are recognized at the University Outreach and Engagement Awards Ceremony held on March 21, 2024.
The Distinguished Partnership Awards recipients are selected through the Community Engagement Scholarship Award nomination and selection process.