September 14, 2020
Proposal deadline: October, 2, 2020 at 8:00 p.m. Eastern
The Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU) Commission on Economic and Community Engagement (CECE) invites proposal submissions for its 2021 Summer Meeting to be held June 14-16, 2021 in Pittsburgh, PA.
The CECE Summer Meeting is North America’s premier convening of university administrators in the areas of economic development and community engagement. As universities navigate an especially turbulent time for society and for higher education, this conference will serve as an opportunity to think towards the future. To that end, the theme of the 2021 CECE Summer Meeting theme is “ Maximizing Public Value through Partnerships” which will participants to reflect and strategize around how the “engagement” mission of public research universities can advance the economic and societal good in meaningful, intentional, and substantive ways.
Proposals are invited, at from adminsitrators and faculty from MSU and any APLU member institution with session ideas that align with one of the three timely tracks:
- Strategic Pandemic Response/Post-Pandemic Restart
- Fostering Racial and Societal Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Strategically Leveraging Across CECE Efforts to Foster Talent, Innovation ecosystems, and Place Development and Community Engagement
To help plan for your sessions, we encourage you to do the following before beginning the online application:
- Preview the full meeting track descriptions and text-based questions.
- Review the Commission's past work, available at the APLU CECE website.
The deadline for proposals is Friday October 2nd at 8:00 p.m. Eastern.
Questions regarding the RFP process or the meeting may be directed to APLU’s Milan Ephraim.
Note: APLU is carefully monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and will adjust timelines and plans as needed including a shift accepted programming to a virtual format.