Attention: Early career, tenure-track faculty and advanced graduate students seeking faculty or staff positions in higher education
June 4-8, 2018
Kellogg Center, East Lansing, Michigan
$395 for MSU participants; $495 for non-MSU participants
Michigan State University's Office of University Outreach and Engagement is hosting a Summer Intensive that will focus on community-engaged research and community-engaged teaching and learning, including service-learning and community-based research in classes. The Summer Intensive is composed of interactive workshops, lunches in disciplinary clusters and with senior community-engaged scholars, dialogue with community partners, and time to develop your own community engagement plan for your return to campus.
At the end of four days, you will come away with:
- Conceptual frameworks and scholarly resources
- Practical partnership, collaboration, and evaluation tools
- Perspectives from community partners on engagement
- Career advice from senior community-engaged scholars about promotion and tenure
- Strategies for publishing community-engaged scholarship
- Strategies for translating university knowledge for public audiences
- Support from a network of interdisciplinary colleagues
Now accepting applications and nominations.
- Application Form and Information about Applying
- Nomination Form
- Preliminary Schedule
- Travel and Lodging
For more information, please contact:
Diane M. Doberneck
National Collaborative for the Study of University Engagement
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting Diane Doberneck at (517) 353-8977 one week before the summer intensive. Requests received after May 25, 2018 will be honored whenever possible.