October 29, 2021
Fall 2021 Education Abroad Presentation and Discussion
Friday, October 29, 2021 | 12:00 – 2:00 p.m.
International Center, Room 303
Special guest speaker, Dr. Nicole Webster, is a professor at the Pennsylvania State University with many years of academic research and teaching experience in both formal and informal sectors across the African and Caribbean diasporas. She is a nationally and internationally known expert in global community-engaged learning.
Nicole’s workshop on preparing for engagement in Africa will discuss effective ways to incorporate African diaspora perspectives and scholarship into your courses and curriculum. The session will be framed by her introduction to community-engaged learning and an overview of its essential elements. Resources and strategies will be shared, and ideas will be co-created with participants during the session.
- Faculty who lead Education Abroad program to Africa
- Faculty who are interested in developing Global Community-Engaged Learning programs
- African Studies Center core faculty
- Faculty and staff from other ISP centers
- Faculty and students from the Department of Community Sustainability
- Education Abroad staff