September 7, 2018
Nomination deadline: October 17, 2018
MSU’s Center for Service-Learning and Civic Engagement (CSLCE) is celebrating its 50th anniversary! The CSLCE is the oldest continuously operating service-learning center in the United States. From its inception in 1968, it has worked with academic and administrative units across campus to offer reciprocal, quality service-learning and civic engagement opportunities linking faculty and students with community partners.
We are honoring CSLCE’s 50th anniversary during 2018, and we want to make it a notable celebration for you and your fellow faculty, students, and community partners. You can help us by identifying the Champion Community Partners who have worked most closely with you to support our faculty, staff, and students in advancing the public purposes of higher education.
Nominate your Champion Community Partner by Friday, October 5, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
Submissions must meet the following criteria:
- An MSU faculty member, staff member, or student must submit the nomination.
- A non-university partner must be nominated.
- Partnership must have been sustained beyond one event/activity.
- Description should explain (briefly) why the partnership is exemplary.
- Multiple nominations are accepted by completing a form for each community partner
Celebrate and Honor
With generous sponsorship from MSU Athletics and TIAA, we plan to honor both the Champion Community Partner and their nominator at a pre-game reception held at Munn Ice Arena on October 27, 2018 prior to the MSU vs Purdue home football game.
- All nominators are strongly encouraged to attend
- Champions will receive complimentary game tickets with special seating and thank you videos from across campus will be aired during the game in their honor.
- Champions will be notified of this recognition by Wednesday, October 10, 2019