Innovation and Economic Prosperity Universities Program
A program of the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities, the Innovation and Economic Prosperity (IEP) Universities designation recognizes institutions that are exemplary in their commitment to regional economic engagement.
MSU is seeking the IEP designation. Working towards this designation helps higher education institutions inventory their “economic engagement” enterprise, which encompasses the many and varied ways universities work with their public and private partners to carry out:
- Talent and workforce development: Cradle-to-grave human capital and talent development
- Innovation: Research, creative works, technology, problem-solving, and entrepreneurship
- Place development: Through public service, outreach, extension, stewardship, and community engagement leading to vibrant communities
The process culminates with a self-assessment and a five-year plan.
- The Innovation and Economic Prosperity Universities Program was established by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) and its Commission on Economic and Community Engagement (CECE).
- Charles Hasemann, Assistant Vice President for Innovation and Economic Development, MSU Innovation Center
Director for Workforce and Economic Development Partnerships, Office for Public Engagement and Scholarship
Associate Director, Institute for Public Policy and Social Research
Office for Public Engagement and Scholarship