How Does UOE Foster Public Access?
As a land-grant university, MSU has a commitment to create greater public knowledge of and access to its many engagement and outreach activities. The Office of University Outreach and Engagement provides the public with access to University expertise and resources, which include informational web portals, community-based networks, public events, and programs for diverse audiences.
UOE fosters access to university expertise and resources by:
- Helping communities to develop partnerships with MSU faculty
- Working with community partners to engage with MSU students in service activities
- Providing resources and programs for Michigan’s professionals and practitioners
- Providing educational and recreational programs for children and youth
- Supporting and hosting public festivals