What do you want to do?
- What are broader impacts?
- Learn how broader impacts are reviewed
- Learn about broadening participation
- View examples of broader impacts activities
- Create a broader impacts plan
- Connect with potential MSU partners
- Brainstorm with someone about your broader impacts ideas and evaluation
- Find resources for broader impacts
- Broader Impacts Training Materials
- 2021 MSU BI Conference: Session Recordings, Slides, and Handouts
View examples of broader impacts activities
The links below offer examples of broader impacts activities:
National Science Foundation (NSF), Office of Integrative Activities
The NSF Office of Integrative Activities gives examples of the many forms that broader impacts can take.
National Alliance for Broader Impacts (NABI), Repository and Digital Library
The NABI Repository and Digital Library allows users to add projects to the repository or browse and download proposals and other resources.
American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), Center for Public Engagement with Science & Technology
The AAAS Center for Public Engagement with Science and Technology discusses the various types of public engagement activities, along with their goals and approaches.
COSEE NOW Case Studies
The Centers for Ocean Sciences Education Excellence Networked Ocean World has a series of case studies that highlight successful broader impact activities from the scientists’ perspective. Each case study includes an interview with the scientist involved on what they did, how they got involved, who they worked with, any challenges and benefits, what it cost, and how they measured the success.
The Michigan Public Engagement Framework
The Michigan Public Engagement Framework identifies 12 general areas of public engagement.